Friday, July 5, 2019

Green Yoked Tunic Dress: Smart Fashion Tricks for Modest Women on a Budget


Following on from my post about the Speedy Tank Dress

Cotton knit doesn't hold its shape very long. Last year I looked at a favourite cami dress with its saggy top end and pondered how could I upcycle the bottom end, which still looked fresh and pretty.


Skirt Upcycling Technique #2: 

Yoked Tunic Dress


I came up with a new technique, turning a skirt into a tunic dress by setting the skirt's waist under the armpits and sewing a bodice yoke to the skirt waist band.





The old skirt's pockets are still present and useful, just set a little higher than you'd expect. The skirt is lined. The yoke is lined and interfaced. The dress is extremely comfortable to wear. The only quibble I have with this silhouette is the knowledge I'd better maintain good posture or I'll look pregnant, lol.

Now you know a fabulous trick for upcycling a secondhand skirt into a new and gorgeous dress for very little cost.

Look out for more Boutique Narelle posts detailing liberating modest fashion techniques.

Fiat lux!
Narelle

No comments: