Friday, September 26, 2014

NO MORE SORE OR SILLY FEET! How I Turned My Shoe Blues into Happy Feet



Have you ever been invited to dance but declined because you didn't have suitable shoes? Or maybe you accepted but felt awkward because your shoes fell off, hurt your feet, or just didn't look right with your outfit? I know how this feels, and I'm happy to tell you I've found a solution.

WHAT'S SO SPECIAL ABOUT THESE PRETTY SHOES?
  • They're lined with leather or leatherette, meaning your feet can breathe, and they quickly mould to the shape of your foot.
  • They're soled with suede for slide without slipping.
  • They're so lightweight you'll hardly notice you're wearing them.
  • The narrow ankle strap provides elegant instep support.
  • The magic buckle allows speedy fastening and release of shoe straps.
  • They're remarkably cheap.


MY HAPPY FEET STORY

My feet are difficult to fit. They are narrow, have irregular length toes (second toe longer than big toe), and require arch support and good inner sole padding. I've tried so many types of shoes, but none have been quite right. I even researched custom-made shoes (expensive and unachievable for me).

For the last English Country Dance I was so desperate I tried tying my white leather pumps on with wide satin ribbon, mode a la ballet shoe. (That trick may work for some, but not those shoes.)

Then a fashion tip from a friend led me to an overseas online store that was offering everything I wanted in a shoe, including custom heel height, for an incredibly affordable price. The only thing I couldn't do was try on the shoes. How would I know if they were right for my complicated feet? Simple solution: order multiple sizes and styles, and sell off what doesn't work for my feet.

I ordered six pairs. One of those fits my feet. 1:6 is a unusually low ratio for me. I hope it's easier for you to find shoes that fit!
GOLDEN SLIPPERS

I wore my golden slippers around the house for an hour. Result: red dents and pain where my feet bent. Oh dear. I bolstered my courage and wore them again for an hour while teaching girls to waltz. But that time, no marks, no pain!

On the night of our bridal parade fundraiser, I wore them all evening (which included a waltz) and didn't think of my feet once. Except when people from old ladies to little girls exclaimed, "I LOVE your shoes!" When I got home after the show, I realized that I still had happy feet. That is the best dress shoe experience I've ever had!!!

I bought mine from JJsHouse.com. I've also seen them on Wish.com.

My best wishes for your own Happy Feet story!
Narelle

tags: women's child's sparkling glitter heels leather leatherette sandals modern latin ballroom pump with ankle strap buckle dance shoes

No comments: