Friday, April 30, 2021

ANNOUNCEMENT: My Commitment to You

I spent Anzac Weekend at musicprenuer bootcamp. I am not the person I was a week ago.

This week marks the beginning of a new journey for me. I'm choosing to walk into my destiny to live in my true value and make my dream come true.

My commitment to you is that from today, I'm going to do something to work on my dream six days a week. You have my permission to check in with me and say, "How are you doing with your commitment? Are you still working to make your dream come true?"

I don't know yet what the end result will look like, but I do know that today I have to change some things for that to happen. One of those is narrow my focus. Something has got to go.

For thirteen years here on Boutique Narelle I've been giving away my knowledge and expertise for free. I knew I should monetize it, but I didn't know how. Every time I tried, I got bogged down in the systems and technology skill it demanded.

Today I'm saying 🤚THAT'S IT, no more labouring to create value for other people without being rewarded for it.

Feedburner has alerted me that in July their free notification service will cease, which means those of you who receive an email notifying you of a new Boutique Narelle post will no longer receive that. I don't have the technology skills to create an alternative.

I also will not be returning to curating the modesty mall. Thank you to those who have messaged me with requests to explore the modest clothing services you offer. I apologise that I have not been able to accept your invitations due my lack of internet access.

After four years of not having broadband internet, now that I suddenly do (YIPPEE!!! #happydance), I've realized that my focus has switched -- from fulfilling the service that I have enjoyed bestowing through Boutique Narelle, to my song-writing passion which will bring me better reward for the time and energy I put into it. What this will look like on the BN blog, I don't know right now. The monthly Boutique Narelle post on the 1st Friday of the month will be discontinued in its current form following next week's post. If you are subscribed using Feedburner you will not receive notifications from July 2021.

I suggest that you follow me on the social media platform I currently use (www.facebook.com/NarelleWorboys), where you can see and get involved with my music journey, and of course details of my outfits and fashionista fun exploring beautiful modest fashion, because that's still me to the core.

I'm reminded of the quote, 

"BE THE CHANGE THAT YOU WANT TO SEE IN THE WORLD." 

I'm making space for me to visualise what that will look like for me. Maybe my doing that will inspire you to keep pursuing your dream, to be the change that you want to see in the world. I would love to hear that you're doing that.

Fiat lux.
Narelle 

No comments: