Friday, February 11, 2011

For Love that Lasts

While stores go crazy with the roses and ribbon, chocolate hearts, and cuddly bears associated with Valentines Day, we pay homage to love that begins with vows of faithfulness and through the years remains stedfast.

This happens when a man and a woman are individually 100% committed to nurturing their marriage, no matter the provocation.  Do you know a couple like this? They may be hard to find, but they do exist, and I'm so thankful to the Lord for their example.

This song is in honour of enduring love, and a prayer that you will know such love in your own life.


Candleglow beaded satin gown owned by Elaine Swanney. Tiara owned by Narelle. More details here.

LYRICS

V1.
I'm writing you, dear, just to tell you,
In September, you remember,
'Neath the old apple tree
You whispered to me
When it blossomed again, you'd be mine.
I've waited until I could claim you,
I hope I've not waited in vain.
For when its spring in the valley,
I'm coming, my sweetheart, again!

Chorus:
I'll be with you in apple blossom time,
I'll be with you to change your name to mine.
One day in May, I'll come and say,
Happy the bride the sun shines on today!
What a wonderful wedding there will be,
What a wonderful day for you and me!
Church bells will chime,
You will be mine,
In apple blossom time.

V2:
I hope that you meant what you promised
In September, you remember,
And I've thought of the day
I'd take you away
Just to have and to hold for my own.
It's such a long time since you kissed me
And told me that you would be true,
But when the orchard is blooming,
My sweetheart, I'm coming to you.

Chorus...

Sheetmusic available from www.Musicnotes.com.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...