Friday, October 15, 2010

Backpacker's Best Bits, part 2

Continuing from part 1 of Backpacker’s Best Bits, what items of clothing make your travels easier?

I say, the right shoes. Comfort is paramount for travel footwear. You need a good walking shoe that still enables your foot to breathe in the heat.

Best Bit #2: SHOES
Mary Janes from Innovations, surprisingly labelled “Emma Shoes”
Available from www.innovations.com.au or www.innovations.co.nz
Full grain leather upper, hard-wearing rubber sole
Dressy casual, can be worn with or without socks

God bless gas stations with free wireless internet. This was the night we had both accommodation and transport troubles. I would not have wanted sore feet added to that equation.

The Emma Shoes come with a leather insole with built-in arch support. The arch didn't quite fit my foot, so I removed the insoles and replaced them with synthetic orthotics. Nevertheless, they’re the best shoes I've had in a long time.

They are
  • classy enough to wear to a party;
  • practical enough to roam a beach in or climb up to a lighthouse;
  • and comfy enough for hours seated on planes and trains and beach-front cafe recliners without ruffling my sense of well-being.

Lady Elliot Island Eco Resort, Great Barrier Reef

I wish them long life and many journeys.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...