Friday, April 16, 2010

The Strange Ways of Kiwi Underwear

A conversation about travelling in countries of different religious persuasion and the need for a woman to be culturally sensitive prompted me to wonder what I would do if I was caught unprepared in a situation requiring me to cover my head. Maybe my luggage was stolen...or perhaps my host made unexpected arrangements to tour a holy site. What would I do?

My first thought was to borrow a hat or scarf. These options would fail if I was on the road with women who needed their one garment for their own head. If I had access to a pair of scissors, a dash of Kiwi ingenuity (or desperation?) could accomplish the following.

Step 1: CHOP UNDERWEAR.

Step 2: TIE CHOPPED PORTION AROUND HEAD.

Result: CUTE HAIRDO.

My actions may seem a drastic way to get fodder for a fashion post, but there's no need to feel sorry for this Jay Jays camisole. The camisole was too long for my needs. Finding a use for the excess length was a bonus. ;)

Tip: the knit fabric doesn't unravel. No sewing required. Just chop.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...